Meracom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meracom

Merged Allied Community

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dealing with the board mod team

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TugaPT

TugaPT

Male
Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-10-23

Dealing with the board mod team Empty
PostDealing with the board mod team

Quote :
Your message: 2010-01-24 16:52:14
Long story short:

I was banned because of a warning for spam. I was merely defending myself. It's outrageous that the person that started all this (Zombie) didn't get any warning when he should be the one banned already.

And I have reason to believe some of this crap about board multies that's going on that thread may at least in part be linked to the MOD team screw up when they banned me for being a multi as well as other people associated with the ForeL alliance in uni1.

You should really fix that instead of banning people that are only defending themselves against Zombie who's been flaming everything like there's no tomorrow.

Quote :
Answer from: Borg 2010-01-24 22:46:15
Hello TugaPT

I verified your post in question that got you a warning. It was borderline trolling and had nothing to do with Multi s you mentioned in your message here.

To be fair, I sought a second opinion on the warning from a BA and unfortunately the warning will stay.

You are banned till Feb 15 next month.

Just to note, each time a player gets a ban for having a total of 4 warnings, the ban increases for more days.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Best regards
Borg

Quote :
Your answer: 2010-01-25 11:07:34
I don't think you understood me properly.

I have nothing against the ban. If that's how it is, then it's how it is. My only issue is with the warning that led to the ban.

I won't even argue if my post was trolling or not. But if my post is worth being warned, so should be the post that caused me to react.

In my view and for this to be fair, if I my warning stays, that zombie guy should get a warning too. My my warning leads to a ban while his doesn't, I don't care. But as far as warnings go, I think that either we both get one or neither one of us should be warned.

As for the multi, I war wrongfuly banned for multi. which is why I'm not banned for that any more. But while that wasn't sorted - I wasn't even the one to sort it because I didn't check the board that day - my name was on the pillory list with the ban notice for multi.

Whoever did that, was wrong and I was cleared. But that may well have been the reason or one of the reasons at least for zombie's accusations of me and others being board multies.

Quote :
Answer from: Borg 2010-01-25 14:00:08
Hello TugaPT

I have verified the Zombie post that you mentioned and he did stop when the Moderator "Irish" gave notice to everyone in that thread to stop (Post# 341) on Saturday Jan 23.

Others have chosen to disregard Irish's notice and even disregard Moderator "Unleashed Memories" post too (Post# 347).

It is important to respect the notices that the Mods post or you will find, as in this situation, that you will get a warning while Zombie does not.

Unfortunately for now, Zombie does not get a warning unless he continues to post in a flamming/trolling fashion.

It is important that you do not respond to that and just report the thread and let the Mods tske care of Zombie or risk getting a warning.

I hope this answers your questions on the matter.

Best regards
Borg

Quote :
Your answer: 2010-01-26 11:53:20
It answers most of it but not all.

Irish did tell us all to stop it. That's true. But that doesn't mean people that posted crap before that post from Irish get a get away free card. I have seen mods posting those warnings on threads and people that had posted before get a warning either way.

They way you're putting it it basically mean I can go pick any other thread and start flaming it like there's no tomorrow and as long as I do it before Irish or some otehr mod tells us to stop, I'm in the clear. Sorry but that makes no sense at all to me.

Quote :
Answer from: Irish 2010-01-26 16:44:28
Hello TugaPT

If i had handed out warnings for all the troll/spam posts before my warning then every active member in the CR/war thread would probably have ended up with a long list of warnings each and most would have been banned. This is not what i wanted, i like the fact that you are all so passionate about the war and that it has gone on for so long even with the new(ish) war rules. I chose to make a marker where everyone before that post which included you and members from both alliances could get off with just a verbal but with the understanding that anymore would result in warnings.

It wasnt just zombie that broke board rules before my post, you all had which is why i chose to give a general warning

Best regards
Irish

Quote :
Your answer: 2010-01-27 12:51:47
Again, then. Why single me out for a warning and not any of the others? Where's the fairness and equality of standards in that?

And I'm not passionate about the war. I don't even care for that. What I care about are unfounded accusations posted by other members that I'm someone's multi and I get warned for stating I'm not while the one that started it gets away with it.

Quote :
Answer from: Borg 2010-01-27 16:21:52
Hello TugaPT

You were explained quite well by Irish and me in this ticket why you received a warning.

It is very important you pay attention and take heed to what a Moderator posts which will help you avoid getting warnings in the future.

Best regards
Borg

Quote :
Your answer: 2010-01-30 15:56:12
First off, I took this to Borg so Irish had no business butting in. Indeed, I was well explained why the warning was given. Which is why I disagree with it. It is biased, unfair by comparison with other non warned posts both before and after mine. And I now want to know if this is just poor judgement from a handful of mods or if it is a general trend.

Quote :
Answer from: Treize Khushrenada 2010-01-30 18:06:14
Hello TugaPT

The warning looks clean to me. You were told to stop, you didn't stop, you got warned. In the forum rules it plainly states mods have discretion at all times when handing out warnings. So to answer a previous question of yours,if you went to a random thread and started trolling, if it were clear cut and only you doing it, you'd probably be warned right off the bat. And I fail to see how this is unfair. YOU chose not to stop when the moderator posted to stop. That choice is on you, it isn't on mod bias. And nothing you've said or shown proves the warning was biased. Zombie stopped when instructed. Perhaps you could learn from his example.

Best regards
Treize Khushrenada

Quote :
Your answer: 2010-01-31 16:36:19
So basically you're telling me that random and arbitrary warning are ok and are part of the trade here? Fucking brilliant!

Needless to say, that this is as far as I'm gonna take this. But since the fun seems to have started again at the bord and I can't report messages because I'm banned, I'll open a new ticket for every message I wanna report. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Dealing with the board mod team :: Comments

mr anderson
Re: Dealing with the board mod team
Post Sun 31 Jan 2010, 20:25  mr anderson
Hm..since it is a fact, i can only say was zombie who started to insult forel (next to your post). If mods dont want to see that can we launch an DOS attack for 1 month? Razz
Skjaldmær
Post Mon 01 Feb 2010, 00:46  Skjaldmær
Bunch of morons. Join EVE. It's all I can say. How many of us are there already?
Skjaldmær
Post Mon 01 Feb 2010, 01:35  Skjaldmær
mr anderson wrote:
Hm..since it is a fact, i can only say was zombie who started to insult forel (next to your post). If mods dont want to see that can we launch an DOS attack for 1 month? Razz

I just got warned while that fucking moron is still free. Count me in. Bunch of board modding retards...
mr anderson
Post Mon 01 Feb 2010, 22:15  mr anderson
dont get me wrong, but you literally asked for a warning Razz
Skjaldmær
Post Mon 01 Feb 2010, 23:58  Skjaldmær
mr anderson wrote:
dont get me wrong, but you literally asked for a warning Razz

How?
mr anderson
Post Tue 02 Feb 2010, 12:21  mr anderson
Quote :
Zombie clearly likes to start fires and then runs away so everyone gets banned but him. So I guess the mods have to chose between banning zombie or all the rest.

No good luck to either side because for me this ended and there is a winner already. I'm only posting because I'm curious if I'll get a warning while Zombie goes free once again.

Razz
Skjaldmær
Post Tue 02 Feb 2010, 19:07  Skjaldmær
And it just proved my point, didn't it? bleh
mr anderson
Post Tue 02 Feb 2010, 19:30  mr anderson
yes ma'am Very Happy
Skjaldmær
Post Wed 03 Feb 2010, 03:21  Skjaldmær